Volunteers provide tremendous service to our school each year. The range of involvement spans broadly from one-time visits - where volunteers participate in a career fair, leadership series presentation, or fundraising event - to weekly tutoring, hosting student clubs during Extended Day, and office support. Our dedicated volunteers make many of our programs possible, and enrich our school community with the diversity of experience that each brings to WSG.
Interested in volunteering at WSG? Please complete the following steps:
1) Complete the 2019-2020 WSG Volunteer Form.
2) Schedule an in-person meeting with the Director of Volunteers to tour the school and go over your ideas for getting involved.
3) Complete all of the following mandatory WSG compliance checks:
A) Electronic fingerprinting at Fast Fingerprints located at 1629 K Street NW, in the Davis Building. They will complete FBI fingerprints within 20 minutes and can provide electronic results within 3-5 business days. WSG will reimburse you for the fingerprints ($20). Once your fingerprints are complete, please submit your Background Check Form to us at ; then, we will be able to formally request the results.
B) Complete the Child Protection Registry Form and return it to the Volunteer Office here at WSG in person or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4) Attend a WSG Volunteer Orientation. Orientations are held twice a month on Saturdays. In order to be invited to an orientation, we will first need all of your compliance documents to be submitted no later than the Thursday before Saturday training.
5) After submitting all documents and completing the orientation, you will receive your volunteer start date from the Director of Volunteer Services.