NOTE: WSG is in Distance Learning for the Fall semester. We do not yet have remote volunteer opportunities, although we are exploring the ways that we might engage volunteers in distance learning. If you are interested in volunteering in some way this year, please email or call Ellie Beckler, x105
Volunteers provide tremendous service to our school each year. The range of involvement spans broadly from one-time visits - where volunteers participate in a career fair, leadership series presentation, or fundraising event - to weekly tutoring, hosting student clubs during Extended Day, and office support. Our dedicated volunteers make many of our programs possible, and enrich our school community with the diversity of experience that each brings to WSG.
Interested in volunteering at WSG? Please complete the following steps:
1) Complete the 2019-2020 WSG Volunteer Form.
2) Schedule an in-person meeting with the Director of Volunteers to tour the school and go over your ideas for getting involved.
3) Complete all of the following mandatory WSG compliance checks:
A) Electronic fingerprinting at Fast Fingerprints located at 1629 K Street NW, in the Davis Building. They will complete FBI fingerprints within 20 minutes and can provide electronic results within 3-5 business days. WSG will reimburse you for the fingerprints ($20). Once your fingerprints are complete, please submit your Background Check Form to us at ; then, we will be able to formally request the results.
B) Complete the Child Protection Registry Form and return it to the Volunteer Office here at WSG in person or via email at .
4) Complete the online Volunteer Orientation no later than two days before your scheduled start date.
5) After submitting all documents and completing the orientation, you will receive your volunteer start date from the Director of Volunteer Services.